To Be Eligible
The Free Clinic serves people who:
- Are a resident of Harrisonburg or Rockingham County;
- Do not have or qualify for any type of medical insurance, including Medicaid and Medicare;
- Have a household income (before taxes) that is 200% or less of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Are a citizen of the United States or have entered with permission.
The Free Clinic will provide services to all who meet this criteria outlined without regard to race, ethnic origin, religion, language capability, gender, age or disability.
If you are interested in becoming a patient at the Free Clinic you will need to:
1) Complete an application by calling (540) 433-5431 during office hours.
2) Have an eligibility appointment. We will contact you by phone or mail to schedule this once we receive your application.
If you are approved, we will schedule your first medical appointment. You will receive a membership card and your eligibility will be active for 12 months. Without active eligibility, you cannot be seen at the The Free Clinic.
It is your responsibility to call the Free Clinic at (540) 433-5431 about two weeks before your eligibility expires to schedule an eligibility renewal appointment.
Eligibility appointments take place during the following times:
Monday 9 am–12 noon, 1–4 pm
Tuesday 9 am–12 noon
Wednesday 9 am–12 noon, 5:30–7:30 pm
We strive to provide health care in a timely manner to individuals who meet the eligibility criteria. If you do not meet the eligibility criteria, we will offer information about other health care services in the community that may be appropriate for you.
If you simply have questions about the Free Clinic or the services we provide, please call (540) 433-5431 x106. Someone is typically in the office 9am-12pm, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday.